Monday, April 27, 2009

Keeping positive

Hi,

I just realized the "Mom" that gave me the oranges, is the Mom to one of my role models. Huh! My Crazy Dr asked me to list 5 role models and why they are so. It was a very good exercise!!

Speaking of exercising....great segway!....I have been putting an effort out to walk again. After all I am writing to try and help myself get healthy! I took my dog to the track on Saturday. I walk around and use one of those ball chucker things to throw a tennis ball in the middle, on the grass for him to get. We both stopped and rested in the shade each time around. He was wheezing worse than I was. Ha Ha. He does a mile to my 1/4. I went a mile and made myself stop. I was getting slightly chilled. Which is crazy....cause I like to be cold. This virus has taken it's toll! Anywho...I felt pretty good after.

I have had this idea....several places I have worked there have been some very large people there. I always felt really bad for them. They look so uncomfortable. I heard a stat that over 75% of obese women have been abused. We are trying to eat our way to safety. Funny, tho I can look at them and want to help them. I don't much care about my health. It actually scares me to get healthy. But I have to! There are no old fat women, they are all dead! Anyway..... back to the people I worked with...I always wanted to just say "come on lets go for a walk, I'll help you." Well, Sunday at my meeting I asked one of my friends if we could walk together. She was so excited. She is a big girl. She has a ruff life. She has a great manner to her, she is quiet, strong and kind. She has been trying really hard to get strong! I really appreciate her and her struggle. So we are going to walk every day during the week.

I heard last night that my ex-brother-in-law died on Friday. Hard drugs and alcohol in his past. I had to call his Dad today to tell him I will try so hard to pay him back the money I borrowed to get the mortgage caught up and take a class a couple of months ago. I was to pay him back starting in March. I got sick and couldn't finish the class. I haven't been able to get a job, so....He was very nice and understanding and told me to get myself set financially first. He sounded so devastated about his 2nd child to die. They are having 2 funerals for him. They didn't go to the funeral of my ex's. Hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment